- Clinton, M., Kintner, A. H., Delannoy, C. M. J., Brierley, A. S., Ferrier, D. E. K. (2020). Molecular identification of potential aquaculture pathogens adherent to cnidarian zooplankton. Aquaculture, 518(734801). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2019.734801.
- Clinton, M., Martin, Ferrier, D. E. K., Martin, S. A. M., Brierley, A. S. (2021) Impacts of jellyfish on marine cage aquaculture: An overview of existing knowledge and the challenges to finfish health. ICES Journal of Marine Science, 1(fsaa254) https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsaa254.
- Cano, I., Worswick, J., Mulhearn, B., Green, M., Feist, S., Clinton, M. (2021). Cranial maxillary fibrosis syndrome in adult farmed rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss. Pathogens, 10(5), 542 https://doi.org/10.3390/pathogens10050542.
- Clinton, M., Wyness, A.J., Martin, S.A.M., Brierley, A. S., Ferrier D. E. K. (2021). Sampling the fish gill microbiome: a comparison of tissue biopsies and swabs. BMC Microbiology, 21, 313. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12866-021-02374-0.
- Clinton, M., Król, E., Sepúlveda D., Andersen, N. R., Brierley, A. S., Ferrier, D. E. K., Hansen, P. J., Lorenzen, N., Martin, S. A. M. (2021). Gill Transcriptomic Responses to Toxin-producing Alga Prymnesium parvum in Rainbow Trout. Frontiers in Immunology, 12. https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2021.794593 .
- Clinton, M., Wyness, A.J., Ferrier, D. E . K. (2023) Association of gill disease with microbial community structure in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). (In preparation).
- Fundamentals of Aquatic Veterinary Medicine 1st Edition (Chapter 4: Pathology of aquatic animal disease, Baumgartner, W. et al) Editors: Urdes, L., Walster, C., Tepper, J. Wiley-Blackwell (2021). 978-1119612704
- Parasite Invasions (Chapter 6: Food security in the face of parasite invasion. Wood, L. & Clinton, M. et al). Editor: Bojko, J. CABI publishing (in press).
Select recent conference presentations, invited talks, posters and training workshops:
- Biosecurity in the Alaskan Arctic - poster presentation at Toolik fieldstation all scientists meeting, Santa Barbara (January 2023)
- "Aquatic animal health in the context of genetic tools" guest lecture for the graduate course 'Fisheries Genomics' in the College of Fisheries and Ocean Science at UAF (December 2022)
- “Diseases of Alaskan Fish” guest lecture for graduate course ‘Wildlife Disease’ in Department of Biology and Wildlife at UAF (October 2022).
- Summer school vet camp ‘Fish Day’ for children aged 6-12. Lecture, games, interactive histology ‘parasite hunt’ sessions, and hands on anatomy of fish. University of Alaska Fairbanks, July 2022.
- “Blood Sampling in Fish” training presentation and practical workshop, Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Pilot Station field camp and Fairbanks office, May 2022 and July 2022.
- “Transcriptomics in Fisheries”, guest lecture and digital lab in the graduate level CFOS course ‘Fisheries Genomics’ at University of Alaska Fairbanks, November 2021 (due to lecture again December 2022)
- “Toxic Algae in Freshwater Environments; Impacts on fish health”, One Health Seminar Series, University of Alaska Fairbanks, April 2021.
- “Introduction to gill anatomy and comparative physiology in fish”, Anatomy Candidate Seminar, University of Alaska Fairbanks, April 2020.
- “Gill histology; Identifying and Avoiding Artefacts” Fish Veterinary Society Conference UK, March 2019.